Image Map

Monday 19 September 2016

Repurchased Lip Products

How can you tell if a lip product is really really really good? By how many times you've seen it in a favourites video on Youtube, by swatching it instore? To me, I know a lip product is really good if I am willing to spend my hard earned money on it not just once but twice. Today we are going to be looking at the only four lip products I have ever re-purchased. Before we get stuck into hard working lip products I would like to point out that I have excluded lip balms because I have repurchased a gazillion different lip balms. Let me know if you would like to see a post on my favourite lip balms.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Honey'

The Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains were hyped about to the moon and back on Youtube when they were first released. I don't hear much about them anymore but I still think they are trustworthy products. I'm talking about a particular shade called 'Honey' which is - - - . Being in a lip crayon format you can swipe this across your lips wherever you are and you know your lips will be looking good. It won't have smeared itself across your face - always a good thing! It lasts well on the lips, doesn't dry your lips out and has good pigmentation. Once you get to the stage where it starting to dry down and wear off (aprox - - - hours) you can bring it back to life with a lip balm or clear gloss, or swipe some more on. It's a basic, hard-working and no fuss product.

Maybelline Colour Elixir in 'Caramel Infused' and 'Petal Plush'

When these were originally released I jumped on the bandwagon and adored these glosses. But make-up products do actually go off and they actually have "best before" deadlines printed on them. So a little while ago I did a declutter of my lip product and I tossed out three of these. I repurchased two of the shades I previously owned ('Petal Plush' and 'Caramel Infused') but did not repurchase 'Nude Illusion'. Although having said that, I think I will in the future. These have good pigmentation, feel lovely on the lips and last quite a while considering they are gloss.

Top left: Petal Plush Bottom Left: Caramel Infused From left to right: 235 Nude, Honey, Peach Lollipop


Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow in 'Peach Lollipop'

This is a great lip product for when you need something but not anything super special. It's a moisturising tinted lip balm. The pigmentation isn't super amazing but it gives your lips a bit of life - a peachy shade, needless to say.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in #235 'Nude'

I owned this lipstick quite a long time ago but my Mum fell in love with it so I let her have it. Earlier this year when My Chemist Warehouse has 50% off L'oreal I repurchased it. It's my perfect nude lipstick and even though the lasting power isn't amazing, it's still decent, and does what it needs to do.  I also love the packaging, the scent of the lipstick and how it feels on the lips.


Thanks for reading and let me know in the comments below what lip products you've repurchased.

2 comments:

  1. The only lip products I've repurchased are Revlon Honey and MAC Syrup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I love Mac's Syrup and I've nearly used up the entire tube...will definitely be repurchasing it. It will also be the first ever lipstick I have ever completely used up. Thanks for commenting & have a lovely evening :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.