Image Map

Friday 19 May 2017

Top 10 Lip Products

Lip products are my favourite type of make-up to buy and to play around with. There are always new trends breaking, new colours to try and new formulas to put to the test! These are my top 10 lip products. 


It was difficult enough for me to whittle this list down to my top ten so there is no specific order here. 

Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lip Colour 

These lipsticks are really lovely. My personal favourite shade is 'Desert' however I also love 'Vineyard' and 'Dawn'. With a quick swipe of the lips you good pigmentation that feels really lightweight and makes your lips look juicy. These don't dry your lips out which is great, however they don't last more than 2-3 hours on my lips. 

L'oreal ColourRiche Lipsticks 

L'oreal has a collection of great shades and I especially love their nudes. I have already repurchased one of their nudes #235 which is simply called "nude". I also love 'Eva's Nude' from the Collection Exclusive range. 

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in 'Chihuahua'

I typically prefer a traditional lipstick bullet over liquid lipsticks and so I have only ever tried one shade from the Melted range from Too Faced. However, I really love the formula, applicator, pigmentation / everything about the product! If you want to dip your toes into the liquid lipstick "pool" I would highly recommend the Too Faced collection.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF15

For years and I mean years I heard how good this lip balm was from American bloggers and Youtubers. However living in Australia means it was nearly impossible to get :( But let me tell you, if you can get your hands on it, it really is a great lip balm. I use to use cheap lip balms but they usually dried my lips out and only moisturised my lips temporarily. I feel like this lip balm is very luxurious, it gives your lips a lovely cushion feeling and moisturises your lips. I have gone through an entire tube of this and I ordered my second tube from Nordstrom. Their shipping was pretty good!

The Body Shop Lip Scuff

It is easy to find a lip exfoliator in a tub however it is hard to find them in stick form. I have been using this one from The Body Shop and find it does a decent job when I have really chapped, dry and flaky lips. You swipe it across your lips for a little while before wiping it off. I typically put a very intensive lip balm on top afterwards.

Burt's Bees Lipstick in 'Blush Basin'

If you are looking for a cruelty free lipstick in the drugstore or prefer a natural lipstick check out the lipsticks from Burt's Bees! I adore the shade 'Blush Basin' however the red shades in the range are lovely too.

Bareminerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolour 

Bareminerals' Gen Nude lip collection is amazing. They have lipsticks, lip liners, lip glosses and matte liquid lip colours in a huge range of nudes. I love the entire collection and could easily buy many many products from this collection. The lip glosses in this range are lovely but, for me, the matte liquid lip colours are the products that deserve a special mention in this post! They wear really nicely on the lips (even if you have dry lips), wear off evenly and naturally and their lasting power is pretty good.

Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks 

Urban Decay's range of Vice lipsticks contains 100 shades and there is a shade for everybody. Both of the lippies I have from this range are the "cream" formula and they are gorgeous. These lipsticks are long wearing, very pigmented and non-drying on your lips. The two cream lipsticks I have are quite opaque however they also do a "sheer" formulation if that is more your thing.

L'oreal Paris Infallible Long Wear Lip Gloss 

If you want a non-sticky lipgloss but good pigmentation and wears for a good amount of time, check these lip glosses out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.